How To Stop Carrying Your Baggage Into The
New Year...Year, After Year, After Year!
by Shawn Nelson, MSA.
(c) 2004. All Rights Reserved.
First, let me wish you a Happy New Year. May
your year be as prosperous as I know mine will be.
I bet you have some unfinished business from
last year or you're still holding on to the pain you experienced many
Each year you say, "This one will
be different!" And by the end of it things are still the
- Wondering when life is going to be fair
- Questioning your faith, competence and
- Children and family stressing you out
- Staying at a job you can't stand. Plus,
you get underpaid!
- Staying with a mate who doesn't love you
- Suffering again with no end in sight
- And much, much more!
You want to know how to get past the
obstacles that pop up in your life right?
All you have to do is forgive.
It's not what you think!
I'm not asking you to forgive another person
for the mean spirited things they said or did to you. I'm asking you to
Subconsciously, although you may not want to
admit it, you blame yourself for many of the bad
things that happen in your life.
How often do you find yourself saying:
- If only I had...
- Maybe that wasn't...
- I should have...
- Why did I do....
- I can't believe I allowed myself....
- I must be losing my mind to let....
- And so much more
You are human and will make mistakes. Yet,
the key is to learn from those mistake so you don't repeat them again.
If you are carrying baggage into the New
Year it's because you haven't forgiven yourself for making the mistakes
and haven't learned from them.
We both know you do the best you can with
what you have. Yet, you would do much better if you get rid of the
negative cloud you keep over your head.
Here's what you do:
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself "I
love you" everyday. No one could love you until you love
- Look at the problems in your life and
say, "What I resist will persist. So, you no longer exist."
But you have to truly mean it from the bottom of your heart.
- Look at your children, family or mate,
give them a big hug and tell them, "I love you!"
- Treat yourself to something everyday no
matter how small it may be.
- Have the faith of a mustard seed even
when things don't seem like they will work out. I can attest to the
fact that everything in your life is falling together
not falling apart. But will you be strong enough to
see it come together for you? Or will you give up too soon!
- Finally, know beyond a shadow of a doubt
that you are worthy of happiness, love, success and whatever else you
I know it sounds too simple. But trust me it
really is that simple!
This is a New Year and it's time you did new
things. You can't do the same stuff over and over and expect a
I want you to take a journey with me over
the next year! I want you to:
- Learn new things about yourself
- Overcome those obtacles that seem
difficult to scale
- Develop new insights about life, love and
- Acquire new skills to help you achieve
- Step out on faith and have more trust in
yourself and God
- Start believing that anything is possible
as long as there is a way
- See the world as you never saw it before
with anewed enthusiasm
- Get the money you deserve
- Find the love you need to be happy
whether it's from you or another
- Smile everyday as you know you can create
a better life for yourself
- And so much more than you could ever
Are you ready? Grab my hand and let's start
walking! Take one step at a time (no matter how small) and I promise by
the end of the year you will be better off!
Ready to start the New Year off right?
Finally discover the 9 Hidden Success Barriers that
are holding you back! Visit: 9 Hidden
Success Barriers Revealed Guide web site.
Shawn Nelson, MSA is a Motivational Speaker
and Life Counselor who creates guides, e-Courses and run several web
sites that help people achieve their relationship, personal, life and
professional goals. To learn more visit www.mrgoodman.com
You can publish this article on your web
site, ezine and include it within an ebook as long as it remains
unchanged, the resource box above is included, and you send it only to
individuals that opted in to receive your emails.
MrGoodMan's Relationship Advice Articles & News